Wednesday 29 June 2011

Secure Computing Magazine Cover Pt.2

Apologies for my blogging absence I simply failed to put time aside for a post.

So far I have showed you how I worked on an acrylic under-painting to re-enforce the design and provide an extra layer of colour in the Secure Computing cover illustration.






Following on from that I whipped out my usual watercolours and got painting safe in the knowledge the acrylic under-painting would hold the artwork together while I was splashing about with paints. It didn't take too long to work up the correct values, most of the street scene at the bottom is in opaque gouache.

33 x 25cm

2 comments:

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Chris
This painting is truly amazing! I love the attention to detail.
Enjoy your week
Penny

Chris Dunn said...

Thanks Penny :-)